Getting Your Business off to a Good Start
We help you build a strong foundation for business
Whether it involves counseling entrepreneurs in the formation and growth of new business ventures, or assisting established businesses to move to the next level of growth and profitability, we work hard to understand your business and provide expert advice for your particular transaction. We provide services in the following areas (as well as many others):
- Formation of new corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, joint ventures and other business entities, as well as drafting important agreements amongst owners
- Negotiation and drafting of complex transactional documents
- Commercial and private loan transactions
- Succession planning for closely-held businesses
- Stock and asset sale and purchase transactions.
- Employment matters, including employment agreements, non-competition agreements, compensation and incentive agreements, and the protection of confidential information
- Commercial real estate leases, purchases, and construction projects
- Complex business transactions and shareholder and partner disputes.
We are committed to the success and prosperity of your business. We will closely collaborate with you so we can provide the most practical and appropriate advice given your specific business goals. By understanding your expectations and plans, we can better address your needs, including what type of business structure to form and how best to limit your personal liability.
We firmly believe that business lawyers should make deals happen, not get in the way. We look forward to working for you.
Selecting the appropriate entity for your new business
There are many considerations when choosing an appropriate business entity, such as ownership, governance, capitalization, taxation and liability. We listen to your plans and objectives, and help you weigh the pros and cons of your various options, which include:
- Sole Proprietorship
- General Partnership
- Limited Partnership
- Limited Liability Partnership
- Limited Liability Company
- Professional Limited Liability Company
- Professional Corporation
- Nonprofit Entity
To establish you on a solid foundation, we advise you on the form of business that best addresses your current circumstances while providing the flexibility to change as you grow.
Continued support from a knowledgeable business formation law firm
After a business is formed we advise clients on all business formation matters, including but not limited to:
- Operating Control Agreements
- Buy/Sell Agreements
- Minutes, Resolutions, Written Actions
- Issuance of Shares/Membership Units
- Banking and Lines of Credit
- Insurance Coverage
- Corporate Compliance Issues
We are qualified to negotiate and draft organizational documents, as well as documentation necessary for financing, licensing, shareholder and partnership agreements, employment agreements and other related organizational documents. We work with our clients in buying, selling and reorganizing all types of businesses. We will assist you in all phases of negotiating, structuring and documenting business acquisitions, mergers and reorganizations. This includes the preparation of letters of intent, asset purchase agreements, stock purchase agreements, merger agreements, partnerships, joint ventures and reorganizations, as well as due diligence investigations associated with those transactions.