Experienced Law Firm With a Local, State and National Presence
Responsive legal support for companies of all sizes in Minneapolis-St. Paul
Everyone deserves to work with a competent attorney committed to protecting their rights and interests. Since 1992, we have provided comprehensive legal representation to businesses, business owners, and executives in Minnesota and Wisconsin, as well as nationally. Dedicated to building lasting relationships with clients, we work diligently to deliver detailed and thorough advice; devise effective strategies to resolve a variety of business litigation issues; and put together business transactions that are in your favor.
Legal issues keeping you up at night, interfering with the management and growth of your business? Do you want the sort of lawyer who will stay up at night or work the weekend to solve them? We will not rest until your problems are resolved to your satisfaction – even it if takes working day and night.
About Our Practice
- We have successfully represented clients in all phases of litigation including federal and state jury trials, bench trials and arbitration proceedings.
- We have successfully negotiated and managed numerous transactions and purchases/sales of businesses, as well as guided new and existing clients through shareholder and governance issues.
- We share a common goal to cultivate long-term partnerships with clients by consistently delivering legal excellence, reliable service, open communication and positive results.
- We are committed to hands-on involvement in all matters and encourage clients to play an active role in all phases of litigation.
- We develop a strategy designed to bring about the desired result, not just in the instant case, but also with a view toward matters that may arise in the future.
FOCUS: Our practice is primarily focused in the areas of litigation, business litigation and transactional matters. We have enjoyed great success due to our experience, knowledge, track record in and out of court, and our reputation for integrity and client satisfaction. We make every effort to anticipate issues and prevent problems before they occur. If and when issues arise, however, we are ready to resolve those matters favorably and in an environment that makes our clients feel comfortable and at ease.
CLIENTS: What sets us apart is how we view our relationships with clients. We never forget that our clients, just like us, are real people facing real-world challenges and opportunities. That single-minded focus on our clients as people is what allows us to build strong, trustworthy and lasting relationships with them. But more importantly, we treat our clients as real people who deserve our time, attention and thoughtful response. We recognize that a close working relationship between attorney and client is essential to quality legal services.
PROACTIVE: We continually seek to educate ourselves as to each of our client’s industry regulations, legislation, and litigation developments so that we can predict trends and proactively advise clients on anticipated risks and issues. Our broad range of experience includes acting in a general counsel capacity for a number of clients. In that role, we have succeeded in developing relationships with corporate shareholders and management and have developed and managed geographically dispersed outside counsel resources. We also appreciate the necessary interplay between business and legal precepts, which is critical in supplying competent, strategic and proactive solutions to company management. Our objective is to get to know each client and to understand the client’s business and industry….so that we are able to provide proactive advice, regularly assist clients in identifying areas of potential liability, advising them of likely outcomes and consequences, and working side by side to develop strategies and creative solutions to minimize or avoid risk.
COMMUNICATION: We take care to keep our clients apprised of every aspect of their case. You will be informed of each step of the legal process and be kept up-to-date on the status of your case. All options available to you will be presented in a clear, easily understood manner so that you can make informed decisions as to how your case should proceed. We take the responsibility of representing you very seriously. We care not just about the outcome, but about you as well. Accessible, responsive, genuine, discrete, supportive, honest, respectful, and sincere. In the end, your satisfaction is the win that we aim to provide.
Individualized attention and strategic planning
Clients turn to us for honest advice and reliable guidance because of our reputation for delivering:
- Personalized service — We devote a great deal of time and attention to each case and genuinely care about our clients, taking a hands-on approach to help them attain their goals. As we respond to your evolving legal needs, we are always available to answer your questions and thoroughly explain your legal rights and options in any situation.
- Trusted legal counsel — Drawing on our extensive litigation and transactional background, we thoroughly assess each situation and work with clients to develop and execute carefully planned strategies that achieve strong results.
- Ongoing support — We aim to create lasting relationships with clients, gaining a complete understanding of their different business operations, industry nuances, and ambitions in order to respond to current legal needs as well as anticipate future needs.
We have spent decades solving complex legal issues for sole proprietors, general and limited partners, corporate entities, and entrepreneurs, earning an [AV Preeminent] DistinguishedSM Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell® for high ethical standards and professional ability and have been recognized as a Platinum Client Champion based upon independent reviews by satisfied clients. No matter how complicated an issue you face now or down the road, you can rely on us for sound advice and effective representation.
Attentive Minnesota law firm handles a broad range of litigation and transactional matters
We represent clients in a broad range of business matters, including but not limited to:
- Business transactions — Contract negotiations, business formation, and other transactional matters require an in-depth knowledge of business law that we have acquired over the past 30 years through our banking and legal experience.
- Business litigation — If you, or your business, are being sued or have cause to sue someone else, let us safeguard your rights throughout the entire business litigation process. From contract litigation to partnership and shareholder disputes, or compensation disputes, we work tirelessly to reach a satisfactory solution.
- Real estate — We take all necessary steps to ensure real estate transactions go smoothly. Disputes, however, are sometimes unavoidable. We can help you resolve these issues so that they do not have a negative impact on you or your business.
- Labor and employment issues — We help you understand and follow applicable labor and employment laws, conduct employment related investigations, formulate compensation plans, and resolve disputes involving executives, employees and independent contractors.
- Business succession plans — We assist clients with succession planning and estate planning to ensure their personal and business interests are protected.
Contact a trusted business lawyer to discuss your ongoing legal needs
While working with us, you will always have a trusted legal professional on your side. To schedule a free initial consultation, please call 952-835-4709 or contact us online.
REFERRALS: If it is not a practice area that we work within, often times we can still help you find an attorney so that you do not have to make a random choice about an important matter.
LOCAL COUNSEL/CO-COUNSEL: We also serve as local counsel and co-counsel for other firms. Having developed and worked with a trusted network of attorneys across the United States as “local counsel,” we understand the role and support that local counsel can provide to lead counsel. We also accept referrals from lawyers around the country.