DO YOU NEED OR SHOULD YOU GET A SECOND OPINION?
If you are involved in a complex or high stakes lawsuit or transaction, getting a second legal opinion can give you the peace of mind that comes with knowing that your matter is being handled appropriately. We can review the details of your matter to ensure that your attorney is doing everything in his or her power to represent you to the fullest.
Before undergoing an intensive treatment or surgery, it is a good idea to seek a second medical opinion. Likewise, it is equally important to have a second attorney review your legal matter if you have any doubts about how your lawsuit or transaction is proceeding. Pursuing a second legal opinion would be advisable if:
- You want greater certainty that you have made, or will make, the proper decision to sue or go forward if a suit is already filed.
- You suspect improper, incompetent or insufficient handling of a case or transaction.
- Your believe there is a conflict of interest.
- Your case or transaction is moving too slowly.
- Your case is costing a lot but you are not seeing results or value for those costs.
- Your lawyer does not seem familiar with the area of law or the legal complexities involved with your case.
- You can’t get meaningful answers or clear strategies from your attorneys about the transaction or case.
If you are concerned about how your lawyer is proceeding with your case or handling your transaction, it may be time to receive a second opinion from an independent law firm that you can trust. Whether you just need clarification or you are considering changing or adding to your current counsel, we have the knowledge and experience to address your legal concerns. It may be beneficial to at least talk to a different attorney who can review your situation from a fresh, studied perspective.